The idea of a Metaverse has got so much buzz over the last few months, we were curious what our community thought would be the Metaverse to watch for the future.
So what were our findings based on our social media groups? The competition is hot between the Sandbox, Second Life and Decentraland!
So why these platforms, and how are they holding up in this space? Below are some news highlights from the respective platforms over the last month or so. Which ones are stepping up their game, and what are you excited to see?
- Collaborations with celebrities, the latest being a 10,000 Snoop Dogg avatar NFTs drop that will be launched before the Alpha Season II, allowing NFT holders the chance to attend events, concerts, complete quests, hang out with friends and access to special events. (link)
- Gucci will extend their presence in Sandbox with Gucci Vault, which will serve as an experimental space, but also allow users to purchase and wear fashion items (link)
- Launch of $50M Incubator Program, committing to invest $250,000 in up to 40 projects each year over the next three years, also raising $360 million in funding earlier in January (link)
- Ocean Park announced their collaboration with Sandbox, as they celebrate their 45th anniversary this year with more details to come (link)
- Decentraland Casino has made $7.5 million in revenue over the past three months (link), which hosts around 6,000 unique players each day
- Hosting the first Metaverse Fashion Week in March 2022: four days of “catwalk shows and showcases, pop up shops, after parties and immersive experiences” (link)
- JPMorgan has opened a lounge in Decentraland, becoming the first lender to step into the metaverse, and are predicting that the metaverse will become a $1 trillion market opportunity in yearly revenues (link)
- Jonathan Simkhai presented his F/W 2022 runway collection in Second Life, during New York Fashion Week (link)
- Philip Rosedale, founder of Linden Lab behind Second Life, has announced his return as strategic announcer to the virtual platform (link)
For those who participated in the first round, tell us more about why you chose the platform you did! We don’t expect the Metaverse roadmap to be clear cut– will one rule them all or will we be expecting interconnectivity between the worlds as we hope to see with our exchanges? It remains to be seen if the worlds will become more targeted towards audiences and focus on specialty routes or if they will take a broader generalist approach; likewise we wait to see how businesses will begin to integrate real-life services to the Metaverse realm.
More about OAX Foundation:
Reach out to OAX Foundation via e-mail:
Telegram English: http://bit.ly/OAXTGEn